Westchester Country Day School welcomes qualified international students who desire to experience high school and life in the United States.
We value the cultural diversity and global awareness that is brought to our school by inviting students who meet our admissions standards to join us from other parts of the world. Many of our students have benefited from forming international friendships and future opportunities for foreign travel.
Admissions Process for International Students
Westchester recognizes that the admissions process for international students is more challenging than the same process for students living in the United States. Because it is the school’s desire to evaluate the candidacy of all its applicants with fairness, the following procedures have been established by the school to evaluate the candidacy of international student applicants:
- International students must be represented by a reputable agency. Please inquire through the Admissions Office for more information.
- A Skype or in-person interview is requested.
- A certified translation of the student’s high school grades from his/her home school must be submitted by all applicants.
- Applicants must take or provide an English assessment approved by WCDS to determine the candidate’s competency in spoken and written English. All international students must be proficient in the English language. In addition, all applicants must provide an unassisted writing sample in English and in the student’s handwriting of at least one page. It may be written on a topic of his/her own choice.
- If deemed necessary, applicants must take a math admissions/placement test created by the WCDS math department.
- Proof of immunizations are required (must have received immunizations required by North Carolina schools). Also, a student must show proof of medical insurance coverage.
- Applicants must provide teacher evaluations.
While we will work to support the happiness and success of our international students during their time with us, we are unable to promise assurance of a college or university placement due to the unique nature of their varying educational, geographical and cultural backgrounds. We will, however, guarantee our best efforts in helping students pursue their applications for higher education.
International Student Tuition and Fees
- Tuition: $22,030 (Grades 9-12)
- International Student Fee: $2,000
- Student Activity Fee: $2,250 (See Required and Optional Fees)