Westchester seeks men and women who will be talented, professional, enthusiastic members of our “faculty team.” Our faculty support one another and attempt to go “above and beyond the call of duty” virtually daily. Half of the faculty and administration have advanced degrees.
Westchester Country Day provides a safe, supportive, and professional work environment for teaching and non-teaching employees. Westchester is an equal opportunity employer.
History Faculty Position
Government and Economics, AP United States History
Westchester Country Day School - High Point, NC
- Teach courses in AP United States History (tenth and eleventh grade students), as well as US Government and Economics (ninth grade). Enrollment is typically between 10 and 18 students per section.
- Integrate technology tools of instruction including use of a SMART board.
- Serve as advisor to 6-10 Upper School students.
- Supervise a study hall period, while using this time for course preparation as needed.
- Serve as advisor to the Model UN club.
- Collaborate with other history department faculty members to advance our history and social studies curricula and improve instruction in the social sciences and humanities.
- Bachelor degree or advanced degree in history, social studies education, or related field.
- Familiarity with the current AP United States History curriculum. Participation in AP Institute training program preferred.
- Classroom experience and experience mentoring students.
- Competitive and commensurate with experience
- Medical and retirement benefits
Candidates may be considered for interim employment (for the 2014-2015 school year) or for ongoing employment. Westchester Country Day is a college preparatory school that seeks to educate each child toward moral, academic, artistic, and athletic excellence in a nurturing, family environment where students, teachers, and parents support one another. By respecting the student and honoring learning, Westchester aims to cultivate informed citizens who are ready for a rapidly changing world and to graduate students who view the pursuit and wise use of knowledge as a lifelong joy. Westchester is the only Pre-K through 12th grade independent school located in High Point, NC, serving communities throughout the Winston-Salem and Greensboro triad region.
Dr. Mark Braun
Head of Upper School
Westchester Country Day is an independent co-educational school that welcomes students in grades Pre-K through 12 without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or ethnic group. Westchester does not discriminate in its admission and educational policies, indexed tuition program, athletic and other school administered programs, or in the recruitment and hiring of faculty and staff.