Westchester Country Day School is a college preparatory school teaching and guiding students in grades PK-12 to strive for excellence in moral and ethical conduct, academics, the arts, and athletics. The environment is one of mutual respect, and nurturing from students, teachers, faculty, and parents focused on a common vision of defining excellence.
Westchester is a place where our students learn how to respond to the challenges of today and the planning for tomorrow. Our current student body, as well as alumni, are contributing members of their communities in a great variety of areas.
Westchester students are encouraged to explore service and leadership opportunities within the school, community, and their world.
The Westchester vision is to provide a safe and caring environment to “grow” our students into tomorrow’s leaders. Our students have the knowledge, courage, and perseverance to meet life’s challenges.
One hundred percent of our seniors are accepted to college every year, and our graduates from the past four years have received over $3.75 million in scholarship offers.
In addition to membership in the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools (SACS) and Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS), Westchester and its Administration hold membership in the following organizations:
- College Entrance Examination Board
- National Middle School Association
- Council for the Advancement in Support of Education
- North Carolina Association of Independent Schools
- Educational Records Bureau
- North Carolina Independent School Athletic Association
- National Association of Independent Schools
- School Scholarship Service
- National Association of Principals of Schools for Girls
- Southern Association of Independent Schools
- National Honor Society
- Triad Association of Non-Public Schools